Thursday, August 9, 2012

What's a healthy lunch for you?



Do you work in corporate America? What do you do for lunch?
Some companies have really great cafeterias, but most do not.
Today I was able to go to the garden salad bar, and load up a bunch of broccoli shredded carrots and about 4 oz of chicken sliced up.

I then drizzled a little bit of olive oil on the mix and sprinkled some hot pepper powder on the concoction. Then asked the grill chef to stir-fry it for me.

He said "no problem!"

I love my cafeteria at work. I can always come up with something healthy. But doing it this way always make the cashier slightly confused on how to charge me. She always asks me why I have to be so difficult. My response is the same back. Why does the cafeteria always have to be complicated & difficult, why can't I just get what I want when I want it. Instead they want me to pick up the deep fried chicken fingers or French fries and cheeseburger. I'm sorry but that is not how I eat, and nobody is going to force me to eat what I do not want to eat. So I can either spend my money at the cafeteria and give the profit to them or I can make my own meals (which I do very often… I only use the cafeteria when I don't have time to whip up lunch in the am) and the cafĂ© makes no money on me at all.

Listen, if a cafeteria wants my business, give me what I want… Healthy food options, ALL of the time, not just on certain days of the week. I want healthy options every day of the work week!

Ok, that being said… What's a healthy lunch for you?

Tell me what you bring for lunch or buy either in the cafeteria or elsewhere.

Write back in comments section

Who's looking out for ya?

Theo

1 comment:

  1. Theo's lunch today 8/10/12 is chopped turkey burger on top of salad, no dressing, just hot sauce... Yum! http://ow.ly/i/QaSM What're you eating?

    ReplyDelete